Adult Support Program
What is a Support Group?
A support group is a safe and friendly place for you to meet and interact with other adults with learning disabilities and ADHD. Meeting people with similar frustrations and experiences promotes a sense of sameness, belonging, and acceptance.
What are the benefits of a Support Group?
- Promotes networking among individuals with LD and ADHD
- Meet people that can relate to what you are going through.
- Ability to express feelings openly and comfortably.
- Build up self-esteem, problem solve and share successes.
- Learn strategies to deal with your Learning Disability and ADHD
What are the goals of the Support Group?
- Empowering individuals to reach their fullest potential.
- Exploring areas of strengths and needs.
- Recognizing, owning, and expressing feelings.
- Encourage members to set individuals and group goals.
- Prioritizing goals.
- Build on and learn new skills.
- Provide members with information on learning disabilities, in order to promote and foster greater understanding and awareness.
- Provide support in a safe and caring environment.
- Provide an environment that is conducive and encouraging to experimenting with change.
Meetings are held monthly, from September to June.
If you would like to attend or need more information, please call 905-884-7933, ext 21.
Once a month on Wednesdays at 7:00 PM — 9:00 PM. First time participants, please arrive at 6:45 PM.
September 13, 2017
October 11, 2017
November 8, 2017
December 13, 2017
January 10, 2018
February 14, 2018
March 21, 2018
April 11, 2018
May 9, 2018
June 13, 2018
Loyal True Blue and Orange Home Building
Learning Disabilities Association of York Region
11181 Yonge Street.
Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1L2
Meetings held in Room B13 (Located in the Basement)