Who is LDAYR?
What does LDAYR do?
Its Programs and Services:
- ABC’s and 123’s Tutoring Program
- Adults with LDs Support Groups
- Advocacy/Resource Facilitating
- Educational Services/ Workshops
- Community Outreach
- Job Fit/ Adult Employment Preparation Program
- Parenting Course
- Parent Support Groups/Seminars
- Public Awareness/ Speaker’s Bureau
- Resources Centre/library
- SOAR – Grades 6 to 8/High school
- Social Skills Program and Summer Camp
- Volunteer Opportunities
What is a Learning Disability?
processes in combination with average abilities for thinking and reasoning. Learning Disabilities are specific impairments and thus are distinct from intellectual disabilities.
Learning Disabilities range in severity and interfere with the acquisition and use of one or more of the following important skills:
- Oral language
- Written language
For success, people with Learning Disabilities require specialized interventions at home, in school, in community and in workplace settings, appropriate to their individual strengths and needs.